Want to make your video more polished? Adding a background is a great way to do that.
Adding a background to your Squigl video is a quick and easy way to have your media be more polished. This article covers how to add a background to your Squigl video as well as how to create one using some tools you might have available to you.
Adding a background to your Squigl video
There are two places in Squigl where you can add a background image to your canvas:
NOTE: From either step, we recommend that your background be 1920 x 1080 pixels.
From Step 5 of the video creation workflow
- From step five of the video creation workflow, scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Select File under the Background Image section. This will open up the image explorer where your image library will display.
- Select the image you would like to use as your background.
- If you'd like to add a new file, scroll to the bottom of the explorer using the outermost scroll bar. Upload the file that you would like to use for your video.
Tip: If you'd like to control the opacity of the background image, we recommend uploading your background from the Timeline editor.
From the Timeline editor
- From the Timeline, select Add Background Image
- From the menu which appears on the right, select the image from your library you wish to use as your background.
- If you want to upload a new image, use the outermost scrollbar to scroll down and select Upload File
- Adjust the opacity levels, if desired. Then select Save Changes.
Creating a background image from scratch
Need to create a background image? This can be done quickly and easily using some commonly available tools. Here we will outline how to do this using either PowerPoint or Canva.
- Create a blank PowerPoint slide that incorporates all of the design elements you want.
- You'll need to resize the slide to be 1920 x 1080 resolution:
- Select the Design tab
- Select Slide Size then Custom Slide Size.
- In the dialog box which appears, enter 20 inches for width, 11.25 inches for height. Select OK.
- From the File menu, select Export then Change File Type.
- Select .png or .jpeg.
Canva is an online, lightweight graphic design software that you can use to create all types of design assets.
- From the Home screen, select Create a Design in the right-hand corner. Select Custom Size and the resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Add all of the design elements you want for your background. When finished, select Download from the upper right-hand corner.
- The file which downloads can then be used as your background in Squigl.